Fitness is an essential aspect of our lives that requires consistent maintenance. There are even streaming services now that can help you get fit in the comfort of your home, including Peloton and Beachbody on Demand. However, which is better, and why should you choose one over the other?
Beachbody on Demand is a better choice than Peloton for a fitness streaming service because Beachbody is noticeably more affordable and offers more features. Peloton is more expensive and doesn’t offer as many features as Beachbody on Demand.
The rest of this article will go further in-depth into the pros and cons of the two services, what they can offer, their pricing, and why Beachbody on Demand is the better choice.
Peloton presents a pretty modern concept of using new technology to improve fitness inside your home. In this section, the article will elaborate on the features of Peloton and the pros and cons of using it.
The prices listed below are current as of 2021, but you’ll want to check with the site often, as they are subject to change.
According to the Peloton website, Peloton uses technology to empower people through fitness and creating a community.
They mainly sell bikes to enhance your cardio and strength, along with some online classes taught by real fitness instructors. They also host an online community where Peloton users can communicate on various topics revolving around health and physical wellness.
The cost of a Peloton Bike starts at $1,895, with an option to finance the bike for $49 a month. The Peloton Bike +, which offers more enhanced speakers and a larger touchscreen, starts at $2,495, with an option to finance for $64 monthly.
Both bikes also come with classes and a 12-month warranty, but they don’t include an all-access membership.
In addition to bikes, Peloton also sells treadmills (Peloton calls them treads for short). Like the bikes, Peloton sells a Peloton Tread and a Peloton Tread +. The Peloton Tread starts at $2,495 and offers an option to finance the tread for $64 a month, and comes with a traditional running belt and a 23.8″ (60.5 cm) touchscreen.
On the other hand, the Peloton Tread + starts at $4,295, and you can finance the tread for $111 a month. It has a shock-absorbing slat belt and a 32″ (81.3 cm) HD touchscreen. You also have the option to try Peloton for a 30-day free trial that includes a free pick-up and a full refund if you’re not satisfied.
Besides the bikes, Peloton also offers two memberships: an all-access membership and a Peloton digital membership.
The Peloton digital membership charges its users $12.99 per month, which includes access to classes and doesn’t require any equipment nor the Peloton Bike or tread.
The Peloton all-access membership involves purchasing the Peloton Bike and offers more features like personalized workouts and access to a community for the price of $44 a month.
The membership is available through the Peloton app through your mobile phone, tablet, TV, and even your laptop or computer. You can also access all of your classes and membership through the screen on your Peloton Tread, Tread +, Bike +, or Bike.
Peloton is perfect for people who have a little extra money to spare and are serious about working out.
Pros Of the Peloton System
- You can have a complete set. If you buy their tread and bike, you can complete everything with a membership. The membership plus the equipment gives you complete access to various exercises and workouts.
- You’ll have access to many classes. With your membership, you can learn several different workouts and exercise with fitness instructors. It’ll also be easy to access these courses with your equipment and smart devices.
- You’ll work out with a community. With your membership, you have access to a community of other people who are also pursuing fitness. Access to this community can be beneficial if you need more motivation and encouragement in your fitness journey.
- Their apps are simple to use. You can connect the app and the account to multiple devices such as your smartphone, tablet, smart TV, and the screen on your tread or bike. Using these apps is easy, and they can connect to multiple devices is super convenient.
- The free trial is a perk. Fortunately, if you’re unsure if Peloton is for you, you can take advantage of the 30-day free trial. With the free trial, you don’t have to spend any money for 30 days, and you can return the equipment if you aren’t satisfied with the service. In addition, the Peloton can pick up your tread or bike for free, and you can get fully refunded.
- Working out at home has never been more flexible. If you’re a parent, caregiver, have a full-time career, or you’re a full-time student, you might not have much time to exercise. Peloton can fix this problem by allowing you to exercise at home on your time and at your pace.
- It’s costly. Using Peloton means spending money on a tread or a bike (and often both to access all the workouts and classes) and a membership. It can be exceptionally frustrating if you have a low credit score and can’t qualify for financing.
- The price of the all-access membership seems a bit unnecessary. Other than being expensive, the price for the all-access membership might not be worth it. Although the all-access membership offers a few more classes and a community, it still has many features that the cheaper digital membership has.
- It might not be suitable for beginners. If you aren’t an avid fitness guru or like to work out regularly, Peloton might be a waste of time and money for you. If you’re starting on a fitness journey, it might not be wise to spend vast amounts of money on equipment and a membership that you might end up not using. Unfortunately, you might be better off just using the digital membership or using an even cheaper, or free, alternative.
- Peloton is mainly for at-home workouts. Even though there are thousands of classes you can take, most are done at home. Working out at home can be a disadvantage because it can discourage you and put you off exercising. It also limits the kinds of workouts you can do if you want to use other equipment likely available at your gym.
Beachbody on Demand
Beachbody on Demand is a simple and easy-to-use streaming service with affordable memberships and an active support group. The following section will elaborate on the features and the pros and cons of Beachbody on Demand.
As of 2021, the listed price is accurate. However, before you sign up for their service, you may want to double-check their site for the current price.
According to the Beachbody website, Beachbody on Demand gives its members access to more than 1,500 workouts, nutrition plans & recipes, access to a private support group, and a personal coach.
Beachbody on Demand mainly sells memberships, Shakeology drinks, and a nutrition program called Nutrition+. The streaming videos range from beginner workouts to more intensive levels. Additionally, Beachbody on Demand also offers different exercises such as cardio, strength training, and yoga.
Before you decide to sign up for any memberships, you should know that they bill at the end of every membership period, and it’s automatic. If you don’t want to keep the service past the amount of time you bought, you will need to cancel your membership before the next billing cycle.
Beachbody on Demand offers variations of 3, 6, and 12-month memberships with prices starting at $74.97.
The lowest-priced membership is a 3-month plan that includes a free 14-day trial, quarterly streaming access, and a personal coach with a private support group, which costs $74.97.
Furthermore, Beachbody on Demand offers another 3-month plan with a Shakeology challenge pack that includes a 30-day Shakeology package and free access to Nutrition+ for 30 days. The program cost $140.
Beachbody on Demand also provides a 6-month plan at $89.94. The 6-month program consists of semi-annual access to the streaming service.
If you genuinely plan to commit to fitness, you can go ahead and try Beachbody on Demand’s 12-month plans.
You can try the standard 12-month plan for $119.88, including complete unlimited access to the streaming service. You could also opt-in for the 12-month Shakeology challenge pack, which, again, includes a 30-day admission to Nutrition+ and a 30-day bag of Shakeology.
The standard 3-month program, comes a 14-day free trial. The 12 month plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CHECK OUT THE BEACHBODY ON DEMAND PLANS HERE
Nutrition + Program
In addition to all the various membership plans, Beachbody on Demand also offers a program called Nutrition+.
The Nutrition+ program provides weekly meal plans, recipes, and exclusive videos to go along with your membership plan. It is an ideal addition to your workout routines as it’ll help you keep track of your eating habits, cut down portions, and give you cooking ideas for healthier meals.
The Beachbody on Demand site states that Beachbody on Demand doesn’t believe in diets and encourages healthier eating for the long term.
Besides the Beachbody on Demand memberships and the Nutrition+ program, Beachbody on Demand also provides a private online support group and community with their membership. Within these groups, members can ask each other for advice, give tips, share their progress, and encourage each other.
The online support groups make Beachbody on Demand a unique space and an innovative tool for someone and their fitness goals.
Beachbody on Demand is perfect for people who want to meet specific fitness goals and build a more structured lifestyle that’ll benefit their health.
- The services aren’t too expensive. A big plus when it comes to Beachbody on Demand is that it doesn’t cost much money compared to Peloton and other streaming services. With Beachbody, you get a lot of access to features for a reasonable price.
- The plans are customizable. Not only do you get to choose the length of time for your membership, but you also can design other aspects of it. You can choose what workouts you want, the meal plans you’d like to use, and what support group is best for you.
- You get extra assistance on developing better eating habits. If you decide to purchase a Nutrition+ membership, you acquire access to several healthy recipes, meal plans, and videos that’ll help you eat healthier. When it comes to weight loss or becoming more fit, food plays a significant factor, and you want to be sure that you work on your habits.
- You’ll have access to an honest support group. Sometimes, the best motivation we can get is through the support of others. With Beachbody, you can be part of a support group that’ll push you to further your fitness journey and cheer you on in your progress. You’ll also have the opportunity to reciprocate the support and form meaningful relationships with like-minded individuals.
- You’ll have access to over 1,500 videos and workouts. Beachbody offers so many videos that you can stream on your smart devices. You’ll be able to choose between yoga, cardio, strength training, and so many other types of exercise.
- Shakeology is expensive. Shakeology is an optional nutrient dense shake. Although highly recommended, it is a bit costly. Check out this article: Does Beachbody Work Without Shakeology?
- There’s a lot of advertisement and product placement. According to past and present members, many videos have instances where the instructors or coaches advertise a product.
The Price Levels Compared
Now let’s talk about how the pricing levels compare between Beachbody on Demand and Peloton. As mentioned above, Peloton requires you to buy their equipment before you can access their streaming services. Let’s talk more about these levels.
When you sit down to calculate the cost, you’ll find that Peloton is much more costly.
With Peloton, you’ll likely want to buy both a tread and a bike. If you purchase both a Peloton Bike and a Peloton Tread, you’ll probably end up paying around $4,390.
Additionally, you would have to pay $44 per month for access to the streaming service.
Now, if you decide to finance the Peloton Bike and Peloton Tread, you’ll have to keep in mind that you’ll have to pay those monthly along with your membership. If you finance both a Peloton Bike and Peloton Tread along with the all-access membership, you’ll end up paying $152 per month.
The monthly payments will amount to about $1,824 a year.
Furthermore, it would help if you qualify for financing by having a good credit score and history when it comes to financing. In addition to this, a benefit of financing your equipment with Peloton is that the APR is 0, which means that you’ll not have to worry about paying interest.
Beachbody On Demand Pricing
However, you’ll pay significantly less money with Beachbody on Demand.
With Beachbody on Demand, you can choose between various plans. Keep in mind that programs that include the Shakeology shake will cost much more money compared to the other regular memberships.
The cheapest membership Beachbody on Demand offers is the 3-month at $74.97. The 3-month membership is a good option if you want to try out Beachbody on Demand or if you have short-term goals.
However, the 12-month plan might be the best option for your money and commitment to the program. If you plan to get serious about fitness and have long-term goals, the 12-month plan might be a better option for you.
The 12-month plan costs $119.88, and you’ll pay the day you register. Additionally, it would be best if you also purchased Nutrition+ for $19.95 a month.
If you follow the plan mentioned above with the purchase of Nutrition+, you’ll likely spend about $359 a year. That price is so much more affordable than Peloton.
You’ll save $1,465 more if you decide to go with Beachbody on Demand.
ORDER BEACHBODY ONE DEMAND HERE
Optional Upgrade to Beachbody on Demand – BODi
Are you looking for more interactive classes or perhaps cycling workouts like Peloton? Then you should check out BODi.
As a BODi member, you’ll have access to hundreds of live and on-demand studio classes designed for every fitness level — cycling workouts, cardio/HIIT, strength training, barre, Pilates, yoga, and more — taught in an exciting live class format.
With BODi, you’ll join Live classes with Beachbody’s world-famous Super Trainers, including Amoila Cesar, Autumn Calabrese, Elise Joan, Idalis Velazquez, Jennifer Jacobs, Jericho Matthews, Joel Freeman, Megan Davies, and Shaun T who can each now bring their own powerfully motivating style to BODi’s live class experience.
How interactive can you get with BODi? BODi lets you share your own video feed in real-time — as you work out — and see other BODi members working out live and on-screen in a feature called a “BODcast.”
Finally, you can join BODi cycling classes on the MYX bike — the most immersive cycling experience you can have without leaving home!
The BODi MYX bike cost is $1,399 for the base unit and $1,599 for the Plus Unit, which is still cheaper than the bikes offered by Peloton. The BODi MYX bike is optional and not necessary to join the Live BODi workouts.
The BODi monthly membership cost is $19.95 plus, which is in addition to your Beachbody on Demand membership. BODi does offer a 14 day Free Trail.
What Streaming Service You Should Pick
Now that you’ve reviewed all the information and done your research, it’s time for you to pick a streaming service. The better streaming service of the two is Beachbody on Demand because it’s affordable, includes more, and better features, and gives you so many options for support.
Though suitable for those committed to exercising and people who can afford it, Peloton is more expensive and doesn’t offer as many valuable features as Beachbody on Demand.
Beachbody on Demand offers features such as access to thousands of exercises, a coach, a support group, and the Nutrition+ for a much lower cost.
Peloton offers its streaming service and the equipment for much higher prices, yet you don’t get as many of the great resources that Beachbody on Demand offers.
ORDER BEACHBODY ONE DEMAND HERE
Is Beachbody on Demand Better Than a Gym?
Still debating on a Gym Membership or Beachbody on Demand Membership? Find out which one is really worth the money. We’ll go over the pros and cons of each. Plus, what is really possible with Beachbody on Demand.
Best Beachbody Workouts for Beginners
Are you just deciding to start working out? This article will help you find the best beginning workout that you can easily do at home and get amazing results. Beachbody offers a lot of different workout programs, however are the ones that the majority of people have enjoyed the most.
Shakeology is a nutrient dense shake that gives you more nutrients than a meal replacement and protein shake combined. Shakeology contains: Protein, Superfruits & Antioxidants, Prebiotics & Probiotics, Adaptogens, Supergreens & Phytonutrients, and Vitamins & Minerals. Learn more from the review above to see if it’s shake you should add to your daily life.