Beachbody On Demand is taking the fitness world by storm, with more people getting in on the trend to reach their fitness goals. The subscription price per year is $119.88 for a membership. However, there is also 3- and 6-month plans. However, is it worth it?
Beachbody On Demand is worth it because you get recipes and guidance from nutritionists and chefs to assist you with eating the right foods. Plus, you can choose from a large array of workouts and diet plans to fit your lifestyle and preferences. You’ll have access to beginner and advanced options.
Before you decide whether or not Beachbody On Demand is worth it, check out the rest of this article to learn more about this service.
What Is Beachbody On Demand?
Beachbody on Demand offers 1,500+ workouts that you can easily stream online. These workouts are organized into complete programs to meet different goals and fitness levels from beginners to advanced. Plus, customized nutrition plans, recipes, meal prep tips, a healthy cooking show, and more!
Here are just a few of the workout types that are offered on Beachbody on Demand:
- Weight loss
- Strength and muscle building
- Body sculpting and lean muscle toning
- Low impact
- Pre- and post-natal workouts
- Family workouts with the kids
- Short workouts
- Rest and recovery
- No equipment workouts
You also have your choice of diet plans and menus, workout calendars, and step-by-step program guides that teach you everything you need to get that “beach body.”
Originally, Beachbody workout programs were only available on DVD for many years. However, recently, Beachbody moved their workouts to online streaming, in addition to the menus, diet plans, and program guides to help you be at your best.
Depending on your fitness level, commitment to improving your health, and your living space, you can benefit from a personal trainer in your living room on your schedule.
Beachbody on Demand also offers advice from fitness & nutrition experts and motivation from their member community.
How Much Does Beachbody On Demand Cost?
Like any subscription service, Beachbody On Demand comes with several subscription options, including three, six, and twelve-month plans. Some membership options come with a free trial, while other options do not. For example, a three-month membership plan billed quarterly at $74.97 and comes with a 14-day free trial.
If you’re satisfied with the service, do nothing, and your membership will continue. If not, then cancel your subscription, and you lose nothing.
Here is the breakdown of Beachbody on Demand membership and cost options available:
- Beachbody on Demand memberships start at three months at $74.97 billed quarterly, six months at $89.94 billed two times per year, and 12 months at $119.88 billed per year.
- Beachbody on Demand can also be upgraded to Beachbody Challenge Packs. These Challenge Packs include the following:
- 30-day supply of Shakeology, a science-backed superfood nutrition shake
- Ultimate Portion Fix® and 2B Mindset® digital nutrition programs
- First 30 days of Nutrition+™ membership
- Shakeology Shaker Cup
- Quick Start Nutrition Guide
- Ultimate Portion Fix Portion-Control Containers
- 2B Mindset Tracker
With each membership option, you have access to every workout available, menus, and diet plans, as well as personal coaches to help you reach your goals faster.
Fitness and nutrition experts are available if you have questions or are stuck.
The History of Beachbody
Beachbody was founded in 1998 by Carl Deikeler to help people reach their fitness goals through workout videos and other home fitness gear, as well as menus, recipes, and meal replacement shakes and bars. As technology advanced, so did the at-home fitness trend.
Beachbody On Demand evolved with the internet and smartphone apps and developed a large online library of resources for people who want to get fit on their schedule. Beachbody uses independent salespeople to sell memberships, much like other health and fitness companies.
There was a controversy involving the company in 2017 where the distributors were accused of making false income potential claims to sign on new distributors. Beachbody was also involved in a lawsuit where customers were automatically charged without their written consent for services.
Since that time, however, Beachbody has created new policies to prevent these events from happening in the future. However, if you’re unsure about any policies, you have the option of terminating your membership, as they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What Are the Benefits of Beachbody On Demand?
Many of the benefits of Beachbody On Demand include access to over 1,500 workouts and 85 programs to choose from, and several recipes that you can make at home to help you stay on track with your diet. You also get a handy online calorie calculator to ensure you’re staying on track and within your daily caloric limits.
However, there are several other benefits you get when you sign up for a membership. Aside from the workouts, you get the following:
- Health and fitness articles. When you’re trying to get fit and lose weight, learning new concepts or understanding the right way to complete a move can make the difference between seeing results or giving up completely. And you can subscribe to the blog’s updates and the latest fitness news.
- Message boards. Community support can be very valuable as you go through your journey, as others might be able to help you with any issue you’re stuck on. Or, you might learn a new way of doing something. There are also exclusive communities that are devoted to specific topics and fitness programs.
- Cooking shows. If you’ve never cooked a meal in your life, then you will appreciate these videos with trained chefs showing you how to cook meals that fit in with your diet plans.
- A wide range of workouts and fitness programs. Using the calorie calculator, you can determine what type of program you need for your lifestyle. If, for example, you are used to a sedentary lifestyle, then it will calculate how many calories you need for your goals and where to get started for your fitness levels.
- Beachbody on Demand Exclusive Workouts. Many of the workouts on Beachbody on Demand can be purchased separately on DVDs. However, there are several workout programs that can only be streamed from Beachbody on Demand.
- Exclusive early access. Whenever Beachbody releases a new workout program, they will place it on Beachbody on Demand before it’s available for purchase!
Besides the above benefits, you receive assistance from nutrition and fitness experts. You will also receive help from a personal coach that can help you stay on track.
Beachbody On Demand vs. Other Competitors
How does Beachbody On Demand compare with other fitness apps or weight loss coaching services?
Beachbody On Demand vs. Daily Burn
Daily Burn is strictly a fitness app where you can access over 1,000 classes taught by expert instructors daily. You can filter the workout’s length and difficulty and then join the class anywhere you can access the internet. It is more expensive at $19.95 per month, and it doesn’t have the perks that Beachbody On Demand does.
Beachbody On Demand vs. Gaia
Gaia offers over 1,000 yoga videos, as well as other documentaries and videos that nourish the soul. You can access ad-free yoga videos for $11.99 per month, a two-week introductory price of $1 as a trial. Beachbody On Demand offers much more and greater variation for about $2 more per month.
Beachbody On Demand vs. YouTube
When you don’t have very much money for fitness videos, many instructors offer free videos on Youtube to gain subscribers. While Youtube doesn’t have the community feel of Beachbody On Demand, you can at least get free fitness videos if you are undecided about this way of getting fit.
However, a big draw back of free workout videos is that it’s not structured for optimal results. Every Beachbody workout program is created to be well rounded so that you often get a mixture of cardio and resistance training and thus giving you get the best results possible.
Is Beachbody On Demand worth the price? Compared with other services or apps, Beachbody On Demand is priced competitively because you get access to an array of workout programs for beginners to advanced, which are designed to get you results. Plus, a wealth of nutritional support and expert advice & assistance.
You have many options for fitness videos or recipe blogs, or even health coaching. However, to get it all in one place takes a lot of work and searching for everything that you get in one place.
Sure, you can watch free fitness videos on Youtube if you don’t have the funds for a membership right now, but you miss out on the benefits of having a detailed plan that is designed to get you to your fitness goals.