Meal replacement shakes have become popular in recent years for their ability to reduce unwanted calorie consumption while promoting energy and proper nutrition. However, there seems to be a severely limited supply of vegan shakes on the market that have enough protein to keep you going. Fortunately, there are a few hidden gems worth enjoying.
The best vegan meal replacement shakes should have a high protein content, low sugar, and plenty of vitamins and minerals. They should also keep you feeling full for several hours; enough to steer you away from another snack in between meals. Finally, flavor and texture are of high importance.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following information about vegan meal replacement shakes:
- The best vegan meal replacement shakes of the year
- What you should look for when you’re buying them
- Different flavors, macro distribution, and more
1. Beachbody Vegan Shakeology Shake
Shakeology is considered to be one of the most reputable, high-end sources of vegan protein. If you have the budget, you’ll give your body incredible amounts of digestive enzymes, probiotics, and fiber to assist in the digestion process.
It’s also loaded with vitamins and minerals to boost your immune system and energy levels.
The best part about the Beachbody Vegan Shakeology shakes is that Beachbody did not compromise it’s ingredients in order to produce more flavors. Since Shakeology’s release in 2009, Beachbody has increased their flavors from two to 9 different flavors.
The four Vegan Shakeology flavors include: Chocolate, Vanilla, Café Latter, and Tropical Strawberry.
The Vegan Shakeology flavors get their nutrition entirely from whole food, superfood sources. There’s no artificial ingredients and no fillers.
Additionally, a study published in Current Developments in Nutrition, found that Shakeology helped participants reduce their desire to eat 58% more than when they tried similar products.
The Shakeology shake helped participants eat 185 calories fewer calories in their next meal. Additionally, Shakeology reduced hunger by 51% more than a calorie-matched shake.
The study, which was a double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled study, surveyed daily Shakeology users. 97% of users believed Shakeology to be a positive investment in their health.
Overall, Shakeology is our top recommendation and one you should try out for yourself.
- Includes several different nutritional groups: Protein, Superfruits & Antioxidants, Prebiotics & Probiotics, Adaptogens, Supergreens & Phytonutrients, and Vitamins & Minerals.
- Has been clinically proven to work with weight loss and overall health.
- Get’s it’s nutrition from superfoods from around the world instead of chemically produced formulas like other shakes on the market.
- Beachbody continually updates their Shakeology formulas to provide more nutrient dense ingredients.
- Shakeology can easily replace multivitamins, super green shakes, digestive enzymes, and prebiotic/probiotic supplements that you may already be taking or considering taking.
2. MacroMeal Vegan Replacement Shake
Much like Beachbody Vegan Shakeology above, MacroMeal Vegan offers several nutrients that are not common in most meal replacement shakes.
MacroMeal Vegan comes in two flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla.
Each scoop of the Chocolate Vegan offers: 180 calories, 5 grams of fiber, 25 grams of plant based protein, and several other nutrients.
The vegan protein in this meal replacement is different in that it offers a blend of *time-released plant based proteins (Pea Isolate/Fast Release, Brown Rice/Medium Release and Pea Protein Concentrates/Slow Release). Additionally, MacroMeal Vegan offers:
- 500mg MCT OIL: (Coconut oil “50% MCT”) “Healthy Fat” source for long lasting energy
- 3 Billion Probiotics + Digestive Enzymes: aids digestion and improve absorption
This shake will easily have you feeling full and energized through out the day.
- Includes plenty of vitamins and probiotics
- No added sugar
- Doesn’t cause stomach pain or indigestion
- Gluten free
3. OWYN – 100% Vegan Plant-Based Protein Shakes
If you’re looking for a tasty, high-quality meal replacement drink, then try out the OWYN Vegan Protein Shakes. They come in various flavors, including Vanilla, Chocolate, Cookies n’ Cream, Cold Brew Coffee, and many others. Each drink consists of 12 fluid ounces and a case of 12 total shakes.
Perhaps the best part of these shakes is that they have 20 grams of lean protein. Unlike traditional whey shakes that are loaded with animal fat and too much sugar, these plant-based meal replacements only have 7g of fat and 4g of sugar.
They’re also a great source of fiber and they have 0 cholesterol per serving.
When you’re replacing a meal, it’s essential that you get the proper nutrition. Vitamins and minerals are best taken with your diet rather than in a pill form. Iron and potassium are found in high quantities in each shake.
- Comes in a variety of delicious flavors to try out
- Low fat and sugar, but enough Omega 3’s for heart health
- 20 grams of plant-based protein for lean muscle mass and fat loss
- Decent source of fiber and iron
4. Organic Plant-Based Meal Replacement Shake
Do you prefer to make your own shakes at home? Pre-bottled drinks can produce a lot of plastic, and many consumers believe that it can reduce the flavor quality.
If you want to use a powder to blend or stir it together, try the Organic Plant-Based Meal Replacement Shake by Organic Muscle.
The two simple flavors are vanilla and chocolate, both of which can be mixed with a variety of your favorite fruits and vegetables.
If you want to drink it by itself, you’ll still receive the benefits of vitamin C, fiber, and 20 grams of vegan-approved protein. There’s barely any fat or sugar in these supplements, so you don’t have to worry about adding unwanted pounds.
Although this meal replacement shake is only 120 calories, it’s filling enough to keep you energized for several hours.
Rather than consuming too many carbs, you can increase your protein intake while reducing your body fat relatively easily with these drinks.
- Perfect powder to mix with fruits, vegetables, and other healthy foods
- Low-calorie, highly-filling meal replacement shake
- Good source of fiber, protein, and vitamin C
- Each container comes with 20 servings of powder
5. MRM Veggie Meal Replacement
Meal replacements are essential for cutting out unwanted calories, promoting healthy digestion, losing weight, and getting the nutrients you need.
The MRM Veggie Meal Replacement allows you to enjoy all of those benefits without having to skip a meal ever again. Try their chocolate mocha or vanilla flavors to your preference.
Each scoop of this high-end supplement contains 200 calories, 4 grams of fiber, 22 grams of plant-based protein, and 160mg of potassium.
You’ll also be getting loads of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, riboflavin, iron, iodine, magnesium, zinc, and many more. It’s the perfect shake to get the much-needed nutrients to keep you going.
The plants used to make this shake include peas, brown rice, black rice, and flaxseed. They combine to make complete proteins, which are very important to note when you’re sticking to a plant-based diet.
There are a number of proteins that need to work together in order to produce a muscle-building protein, which is exactly what you’ll find in each sip of this meal replacement.
- Comes with 22 grams of complete proteins from multiple veggies
- Two unique, delicious flavors to try out
- Loaded with healthy amounts of vitamins and minerals
- Designed to keep you full for multiple hours
6. Oxyfresh Vibe Vegan Pea Protein Powder
Oxyfresh designed a meal replacement system to allow you to custom the whole experience. Whether you’re looking for a simple boost to your daily protein or you want more vitamins in your diet, they have it all.
Each drink comes with 20 grams of protein, but you can also choose to add their Vitality supplement for more vitamins.
Iron, biotin, riboflavin, and several vitamins are already found in the drink by itself. It comes in chocolate or vanilla, but feel free to choose the bonus option for the aforementioned Vitality booster.
Either way, you’ll be able to enhance muscle growth and your body’s metabolic rate for healthy fat storage and burning.
Without any artificial flavors or unwanted fillers, you’ll be drinking lean, clean, plant-based protein.
This makeup is exactly what you need to stay full without feeling bloated, tired, or sluggish throughout the day. It also increases your digestive fluids to keep your body aligned and ready to move.
- Includes an optional vitamin and mineral booster supplement
- Every product comes with 15 servings of the powder
- Free of artificial fillers, flavors, and unhealthy preservatives
- Promotes muscle growth, metabolism, and digestive fluids
7. EarthChimp Vegan Protein Powder
The EarthChimp Vegan Protein Powder comes in three flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, and Unsweetened/Unflavored.
You can mix any of them with other fruits and vegetables, but the unsweetened version allows for more customization. Since it only has 3 grams of sugar, you’ll find that none of the flavors seem too sweet.
Another excellent health benefit of these meal replacement shakes is probiotics that enhance your digestive system.
When consumed daily over long periods of time, it naturally increases your digestive fluids and metabolism to burn fat and store muscle. In short, you won’t feel bloated, gassy, or cramped.
With only 2 grams of fat, 0 cholesterol, and 9% of your daily sodium, these meal replacement shakes are some of the best options for vegans.
They don’t make you feel sick to your stomach, but you’ll definitely feel full for a long time. Thanks to the fiber, you’ll notice that the energized, full feel sticks around.
- Comes with very little sugar, fat, cholesterol, or sodium
- Includes over one billion probiotics 20 grams of protein
- A good source of iron, magnesium, zinc, and potassium
- Try all three flavors to find your favorite
8. Organic Vegan Paleo Meal Replacement Powder
Are you tired of fillers, grains, and other unwanted ingredients in your meal replacement shakes?
Many vegan drinks often contain grains to keep you full, but they can result in stomach fat and bad digestion. Fortunately, the Organic Vegan Paleo Meal Replacement Powder by Peak Performance is grain-free with zero fillers.
Choose between chocolate and vanilla, then enjoy the 22 grams of plant-based protein. They combine with several amino acids to create muscle growth from complete proteins.
Much like a few of the other shakes on this list, you’ll get the same type of muscle-building results as you would from animal-based shakes without the animal-based ingredients.
Whether you’re trying to replace a meal for fat loss or you want to gain muscle, these drinks are the perfect solution.
They cut back on fat, sugar, and sodium without sacrificing flavor. The company takes it a step further by removing common allergens, such as soy, gluten, and any source of whey protein.
- Made to reduce fat and increase muscle growth
- Comes with plenty of amino acids for optimal gains
- Delicious flavors without added sugars, soy, or gluten
- Doesn’t include any fillers, including grains
9. PlantFusion Complete Meal All Plant-Based Pea Protein Powder
One of the main reasons that you should consider the PlantFusion Complete Meal Protein Powder is that you can choose from a multitude of sizes. It comes in a one-pound package, 20 servings, ten servings, or 12 packs of 1.6 ounces each. Once you pick the size, you can choose between vanilla or chocolate caramel.
Loaded with probiotics and plenty of fiber, these shakes are excellent for people who usually experience stomach problems from low-quality protein shakes.
The short-term effects will relieve the cramps, whereas the long-term effects cut back on fat, increase your metabolism, and enable your body to distribute nutrients properly.
There are 21 vitamins and minerals in each serving, which means you won’t lose out on the nutritional value of a traditional meal.
Many people who consider a liquid diet fear the loss of nutrition, but that’s not an issue with this pea protein powder supplement.
- Comes in four different size options to fit your budget/sampling needs
- Perfect for people who usually experience stomach issues from protein supplements
- Leaves you feeling full and energized
- Includes 21 vitamins and minerals and 20 grams of protein
10. Vega One All-In-One Shake
The Vega One Organic Meal Replacement Protein Powder offers several different flavors. You can choose from Berry, Mocha, Chocolate Mint, Coconut Almond, Unsweetened, and loads of other choices.
Every serving contains 20 grams of plant-based protein and tons of probiotics.
To aid in the digestive process, there are 6 grams of fiber and very little fat or sugar. It also has much lower sodium than the average vegan meal replacement shake, which is important for those with heart problems or high blood pressure.
Just as the previous shake offered, you can choose from a plethora of sizes. Try out a sample packet of 10 servings or dive right into the one-pound package of your favorite flavor.
- Comes in all sorts of unique flavors and plenty of size options
- Includes high amounts of fiber, protein, and probiotics
- Only 140 calories per serving
- Keeps you full for two to three hours after consuming
11. KOS Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
If you have a shaker cup, then there’s no better way to enjoy your protein than the KOS Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder.
It’s made with unrivaled flavor that comes in a massive 2.6-pound container with 20 grams of protein per serving. There are also only 170 calories to cut back on fat and sugar.
Using a blend of five plant-based protein sources, the company manages to create naturally complete proteins for muscle growth and fat loss.
You’ll love the high-quality flavor that’s matched by the satisfying ‘full’ feeling that a meal replacement should provide. However, you won’t feel bloated thanks to the high fiber content.
All you have to do is add two scoops of the fine powder to your shake cup along with 8 to 10 ounces of cold water (depending on your flavor preference) and shake it up. You’ll have a delicious meal replacement shake in a matter of seconds that lasts for many hours.
- Comes in large quantities to buy in bulk
- Keeps you full despite the low-calorie total
- Easy to shake and drink with a shaker cup
- An optimal choice for maximum lean muscle growth and weight loss
12. Ambronite Drinkable Supermeal – Meal Replacement Nutritional Shake
Are you tired of all of the grossly-textured, chalky flavors on the market? You don’t have to deal with them any more thanks to the Ambronite Meal Replacement Nutritional Shake.
Choose from Banana, Berries, Ginger & Apple, or the Original flavor to blend with other fruits and vegetables.
Each serving contains 29 vital vitamins and minerals to keep your body feeling and performing healthily. There are also plenty of Omega 3 fatty acids to lubricate your heart valves, promote mental endurance, and remove plaque in your arteries.
On top of all of those benefits, you’ll also enjoy the 10 grams of vegan-friendly protein.
The company claims that you can prepare a shake from their powder in as little as 60 seconds.
Compared to other shakes that get clumpy and require additional stirring, these are incredibly simple to make. All you have to do is add cold water, shake it, and enjoy the drink throughout the hour.
- Comes in a variety of delicious, unique flavors to try out
- Includes Omega 3’s, 29 vitamins and minerals, and 10 grams of plant-based protein
- Easy to make for people who are always in a hurry
- Designed to replace a meal without adding too many calories
13. Complete Start Meal Replacement Shake
If you’re new to the fitness industry or you’re trying to simplify your meal replacement shakes, there’s no better option on the market.
The Complete Start Meal Replacement Shake has everything you need to start drinking your meals and benefitting from the high-quality nutritional value found in every package.
Every kit comes with a shaker cup and a variety of their delicious flavors. You can either select the ones that you want specifically or enjoy the premade pack.
Every serving has between 20g to 21g of lean, plant-based protein. The flavors include rich mocha, super greens, and peanut butter & banana.
Perhaps the most impressive nutritional aspect of these drinks is that they have upwards of 13 grams of fiber per serving.
This number far outshines the competition that usually has less than 6 grams of fiber per shake. If you’re looking to boost your digestive health and stay full longer, then these drinks should be at the top of your list.
- Includes loads of protein and fiber per serving
- Comes with everything you need to start replacing your meals with vegan shakes
- Choose from three different unique flavor combinations
- Made with the approval of a professional nutritionist
14. Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement Powder
As the name implies, the Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement Powder is made with all sorts of fruits and veggies found in a garden.
With over 1.5 billion probiotics, you’ll feel amazing digestive improvements. They’re made even better by the low-fat content paired with the 2 grams of fiber.
Each serving only contains 130 calories. There are also 21 vitamins and minerals that increase your energy, bone density, cognitive functionality, and more. Overall, it’s one of the healthiest meal replacement shakes that a vegan could enjoy. You also don’t have to worry about stomach aches since the 20 grams of protein is plant-based.
These shakes are free of the world’s most common allergens, including soy, gluten, and dairy.
There aren’t any fillers, either, which means you’ll be left feeling full of healthy ingredients only. All of the organic ingredients are sourced without using pesticides or growth hormones that might otherwise prove harmful.
- Includes loads of healthy vitamins and minerals in every sip
- Made with all organic ingredients and zero fillers
- Comes with over 1.5 billion probiotics for digestive health
- Four high-quality, smooth flavors to choose from
15. Vegansmart All-In-One Nutritional Shake
The Vegansmart Plant-Based Protein Powder by Naturade is another fantastic meal replacement supplement for vegans.
It comes in four flavors: Chocolate, Chai, Vanilla, and Wild Berries. Every flavor comes with the same high vitamin and mineral content to keep your body performing as it should.
Most of the 180 calories in these shakes come from the 20 grams of protein. They have very little sugar or fat, which is perfect for weight control, healthy muscle gain, and maintenance purposes.
It also has 6 grams of dietary fiber to aid in the digestive process, which is essential since your body naturally has a hard time taking up too much protein at once.
The 21 vitamins and minerals in this drink come in high quantities, unlike the vast majority of other meal replacement supplements.
For example, you can enjoy up to 50% of your daily iron needs, which is a huge benefit for people who usually take pills or other vitamin supplements. There’s also quite a bit of vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 to promote higher energy levels.
- Comes in a variety of four different delicious flavors
- Increase energy naturally throughout the day
- Great for muscle growth, fat loss, and weight maintenance
- Contains plenty of iron, biotin, folate, and more
Choosing a vegan plant-based meal replacement shake can be quite a tough process, but you’ll be able to pick one of the aforementioned drinks for the best results.
There are loads of options on the market, most of which don’t have the nutritional value that you’re looking for. Luckily, these shakes listed above are all you need to get your diet moving along.
Remember to look out for high amounts of protein, between 10g to 25g, since that’s what your body can absorb in one sitting.
Also, look for the proper vitamins and minerals since you’ll be omitting one of your meals in favor of these shakes. Good luck, and enjoy your new vegan meal replacement shakes!