Sticking to a healthy, nutritious, and organic diet is difficult, especially while living a fast-paced lifestyle. However, with organic meal replacements shakes, you can consume all your needed amount of vitamins, minerals, and proteins without having to spend hours cooking.
Nonetheless, picking the best one for your dietary requirements and preferences is essential.
The best organic meal replacement shakes are the ones that provide enough nutrients and calories to feel full and energized throughout the day. Read the label before committing to check whether they are free of GMOs and artificial ingredients.
Find out what is the best Organic Meal Replacement Shake for your lifestyle below.
Organic Meal Replacement Shakes – An Overview
Before jumping into the list of the best organic meal replacement shakes on the market this year, it is essential to understand what organic means.
While we know that it means that a product might be better for our health rather than artificial substances, “organic” is not necessarily a synonym of “plant-based” or “unprocessed.”
As mentioned by USDA (US Department of Agriculture), organic products are those produced without the utilization of pesticides, chemical fertilizers, or other chemical treatments.
Products and food that are certified by the USDA as organic are grown or processed following strict guidelines. These can address the soil quality, pest control, weed controls, use of additives, and animal raising practices.
Therefore, organic farmers or producers will only use natural resources or treatments and undertake several tests and audits every year to maintain their organic certification.
In terms of meal replacements, all the ingredients included in your drink, shake, or powder is naturally sourced, grown, and processed.
Below you can find a few of the several benefits of choosing organic meal replacement shakes over other types:
- They Are Only Made With Natural Ingredients. Alternatively, if they include animal-based ingredients – such as milk, dairy, or honey – you can rely on the fact that the animal has been fed natural resources such as grass.
- Organic Products Are Free Of GMOs and don’t support disruptive farming strategies that can harm the environment and your health.
- Help You Lose Weight Naturally. Sticking to a healthy or strict diet can be challenging, especially if your lifestyle is particularly fast-paced. However, meal-replacement drinks are easy solutions that limit the number of calories consumed each meal.
- They Are Packed With Nutrients. Unlike standard protein shakes, meal replacement drinks include all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals you need to live a healthy lifestyle. While you might need to implement a snack or side dish to go with a low-calorie shake, they can be a complete replacement for lunch, dinner, or breakfast.
- Come In Different Formats. Whether you prefer to mix your shakes or opt for a ready-to-drink version, there is a format for you. The first option allows you to pick a type of milk (even plant-based) or other drinks to go with the powder and customize it.Instead, the second type is perfect for those who are particularly busy, but they want to make sure they are consuming enough proteins and nutrients.
- Suitable For Most Lifestyles. Organic meal replacement shakes are ideal for who wishes to conduct a more natural lifestyle. However, today you can find vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, paleo, and Keto shakes that are also organic.
Nutrient Shakes You Can’t Miss Out On
Before getting into the list of the best 16 organic meal replacement shakes of this year, there are some products on the market that you should not miss out on. As it is becoming continuously more important for individuals and families to know what they eat and choose organic ingredients, more companies are developing fast.
For example, Beachbody created Shakeology, which is highly nutritious without compromising on taste and consistency. Shakeology was the first meal replacement shake on the market that created a new category of shake for itself.
Rather than be a me too meal replacement shake that included protein, fiber, and vitamins; Shakeology included an array of superfoods that were never heard of in the market before during it’s time.
Over the years, Beachbody has evolved Shakeology to include more potent and beneficial ingredients. Plus, several more flavors that other companies have yet to replicate. Read our Full Shakeology Review Here
For your reference, Shakoelogy includes: Protein, Superfruits & Antioxidants, Prebiotics & Probiotics, Adaptogens, Supergreens & Phytonutrients, and Vitamins & Minerals.
These type of ingredients are not common in most shakes today. Thus making Shakeology a powerhouse nutrient shake, earning it the tagline: “Your Daily Dose of Dense Nutrition”.
Another shake worth looking into if you’re serious about improving your health is…
SuperGreen Tonik – While there are several green shakes on the market, SuperGreen Tonik offers full transparency in their ingredients by not hiding how much of each ingredient you’ll be getting in each dose.
Like other green shakes, it offers several beneficial leafy greens. However, it steps above the rest by also offering a blend of greens that will help you with your memory and focus.
Finally, here are the best organic meal replacement shakes on the market..
1. Organifi Complete Protein All-In-One Mix Shake
Organifi is a complete meal replacement that boasts all the nutrients and minerals needed to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
However, in this case, the protein content is much higher, making this blend perfect for athletes and gym-goers as well.
One peculiarity of this drink that users should be aware of is the presence of enzymes that aid the digestion process and reduce potential bloating and other digestive issues.
- Features: plant-based, CCOF-certified organic, soy-free, gluten-free, soy-free
- Flavors: Complete Chocolate, Complete Vanilla
- Nutritional facts: 170 calories, 6g fat, 460mg sodium, 7g carbs, 20g protein, includes enzymes to reduce bloating and aid digestion.
2. Orgain Organic Nutritional Shake
These compact ready-to-drink meal replacement shakes are already mixed for your convenience. Orgain is a leading company in the sectors, and its products are designed to be suitable for any type of lifestyle, from vegetarian diets to all-natural lifestyles.
However, users should note that these drinks include grass-fed milk proteins, so they might not be suitable for lactose intolerant individuals and vegans.
If you live a lifestyle requiring a high amount of calories or you need more energy for your workouts, you can opt to drink these shakes as a snack or side to your main meal.
- Features: USDA-certified organic, vegetarian, gluten-free, kosher, GMO-free, soy-free, free of antibiotics and hormones, carrageenan-free.
- Flavors: Creamy Chocolate Fudge
- Nutritional facts: 250 calories, 7g fat, 260mg sodium, 32g carbs, 16g protein plus 21 minerals and vitamins
3. Pure Food Real Meal Replacement Powder
This high-protein powder produced by Pure Food is perfect if you prefer to mix your meal replacement shake.
While this meal replacement option might not be the best one if you are in a rush, it can help you mix up the flavor of the drink and enjoy it day after day.
The company suggests mixing their organic powder with milk, water, or plant-based milk, depending on your preferences. In any case, your meal will be ready in under two minutes.
- Features: no added sugars, dairy-free, gluten-free, corn-free, no added flavors, no additives, BPA free, no GMOs.
- Flavors: Raw Cacao
- Nutritional facts: 205 calories, 7g fat, 271mg sodium, 16g carbs, 26g protein
4. Vega Protein Shakes Ready to Drink
Vega has become the most loved plant-based producer of protein shakes and meal replacement drinks.
Their products target individuals that strive to live a healthy lifestyle without harming the environment. In particular, this ready-to-drink shake is perfect for a strict diet or while attempting to lose weight. Each serving contains only 170 calories.
Additionally, the 20 grams of proteins derive from healthy real vegan ingredients such as organic spirulina, kale, spinach, broccoli, and green algae.
Thanks to the 3 grams of fibers in each drink, you will be satisfied for many hours after your meal.
- Features: vegan, contains all nine essential amino acids, non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, low glycemic, no artificial ingredients.
- Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, or Chocolate+Vanilla
- Nutritional facts: 170 calories, 5g fat, 230mg sodium, 14g carbs, 20g protein plus 3g of fiber
5. Ample V – Plant-Based Meal Replacement Shake
This protein powder created by Ample V is at the other end of the scale in terms of calorie intake.
Each serving – depending on the amount of powder you will go for – can contain up to 400 calories. While the 20 grams of protein make it ideal for those looking at gaining lean weight, it might not be suitable if you are trying to stick to a low-calorie diet.
However, each shake provides all the essential amino acids and branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). This unique mix of the two allows you to keep your energy levels higher for longer, even when working out.
- Features: Made with real food and without fillers. Free of GMOs, artificial sweeteners, soy, dairy, or gluten. Suitable for all plant-based lifestyles.
- Flavors: Berry, Vanilla Cinnamon, Chocolate
- Nutritional facts: 400 calories, 36g fat, 380g sodium, 23g carbs, 20g protein
6. Iconic Grass-Fed Protein Drinks
Iconic Grass-Fed drinks come in several flavors suitable for a sustained and regular consumption of these drinks.
Indeed, thanks to the tremendous variety, you are less likely to give up on your meal replacement shake routine. Additionally, the low number of calorie and high protein content in each drink makes them perfect for athletes or gym-goers.
It is essential to notice that, while lactose-free, this organic meal replacement is not dairy-free nor vegan.
However, Iconic drinks are suitable for Paleo, Keto, Vegetarian, and Weight Watchers diets.
- Features: non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, kosher, lactose-free, no BPA. Suitable for Paleo and Keto diets. Each shake translates into 2 Weight Watchers Points.
- Flavors: Café Au Lait, Chocolate Truffle, Coconut Matcha, Golden Milk, Vanilla Bean
- Nutritional facts: 130 calories, 2g fat, 220g sodium, 8g carbs, 20g protein
7. KOS Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
If you are looking for an organic and vegan protein powder that works as a meal replacement but does not let you down in terms of taste, the KOS Organic powder is an excellent solution.
Infused with organic Himalayan pink salt, Peruvian cacao, organic coconut milk, the chocolate flavor of this shake is something you won’t find anywhere else.
Moreover, instead of your classic sweeteners, this shake only includes a little organic stevia and monk fruit extract.
Regarding the 20 grams of protein included in each serving, they derive from five real-food ingredients, namely pea, quinoa, flaxseed, chia seed, and pumpkin seeds.
The two grams of dietary fibers also help you take care of your digestive system’s health.
- Features: USDA-certified organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free. Suitable for vegans and other plant-based lifestyles.
- Flavors: Chocolate
- Nutritional facts: 170 calories,6g fat, 190mg sodium, 9g carbs, 20g protein
8. Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal Replacement
This protein powder created by Garden Of Life has been revolutionary for vegans and plant-based individuals since it came on the market.
Indeed, while healthy, only a handful of vegan products can supply enough proteins from natural sources. This shake is one of them.
With this product, servings are based on weight instead of volume, and each shake provides you with over 20 grams of protein from natural, whole, and raw products.
All this, while only including 130 calories per serving!
- Features: USDA-certified organic, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, non-GMO, no added sugars, or artificial flavors. Suitable for raw vegans.
- Flavors: Chocolate, Lightly Sweet, Vanilla, Vanilla Chai
- Nutritional facts: 130 calories, 2.5g fat, 150mg sodium, 13g carbs, 20g protein
9. RSP TrueFit Grass Fed Lean Meal Replacement Shake
While designed to promote faster muscle and workout recovery, this shake is a complete meal replacement.
Indeed, the blend includes over 12 fruits and vegetables, which, combined with the 25 grams of protein, ensure you have enough energy throughout your day or workout.
The 8 grams of fibers that the blend includes derive from sweet potatoes and help you remain full for longer.
- Features: Organic, Grass-fed milk protein, gluten-free
- Flavors: Cold Brew Coffee, Grass-Fed Chocolate, Grass-Fed Cinnamon Churro, Grass-Fed Unflavored, Grass-Fed Vanilla.
- Nutritional facts: 170 calories, 3.5g fat, 140mg sodium, 14g carbs, 25g protein plus 8g of dietary fibers
10. OWYN Vegan Meal Replacement Shakes
This ready-to-drink shake is perfect for vegans and plant-based individuals who are coping with a busy lifestyle.
The compact packaging allows you to take your OWYN shake anywhere and enjoy it during the day.
With 20 grams of proteins per serving, this meal replacement can be an excellent option for plant-based athletes struggling to find alternative protein sources in their diets.
All ingredients used are organic and natural.
- Features: free of dairy, soy, gluten, peanut, tree nut, egg, artificial colors, artificial flavors, and preservatives. Suitable for vegan, kosher, and other plant-based diets. non-GMO and low-sugar.
- Flavors: Chocolate, Chai
- Nutritional facts: 300 calories, 10g fat, 330mg sodium, 31g carbs, 20 protein plus 23 vitamins and minerals
11. Amazing Grass Green SuperFood
Unlike the several products seen above, this superfood powder boasts low levels of protein and low calories.
While this is not a complete meal replacement meal, it is perfect as a snack, side dish, or dessert for your main meal.
Indeed, it offers all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that you would struggle to find in other vegan products.
It can be mixed with coffee, water, plant-based milk, or smoothie.
- Features: CCOF-Certified Organic, no added sugars, plant-based, kosher, non-GMO.
- Flavors: Berry, Chocolate, Original
- Nutritional facts: 30 calories, 0g fat, 170mgsodium, 5g carbs, 2g protein
12. PlantFusion Complete Pea Protein Meal
This low-carb, low-fat powder is perfect for anybody following a strict vegan diet or looking at losing weight naturally.
However, the 21 grams of proteins included in each serving makes it suitable for any athlete, especially plant-based gym-goers.
Protein sources include peas, algae, artichokes, and organic superfoods.
- Features: USDA-certified organic. Free from wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, sugar, tree nuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts. Suitable for vegans, kosher, and celiacs.
- Flavors: Chocolate, Red Velvet, Vanilla, Cookies ‘n Cream, Unflavored (with or without stevia).
- Nutritional facts: 120 calories, 3g fat, 390mg sodium, 2g carbs, 21g protein
13. Naked Meal Healthy Meal Replacement Shake
Naked Nutrition develops this organic protein powder and, while not plant-based, it includes all-natural ingredients, without fillers.
While the unflavored option might make it a little repetitive, this blend is perfect for anybody looking for a simple solution and a shorter list of ingredients.
The 4 grams of fibers in the mix look after your gut’s health and allow you to stay full longer.
- Features: soy-free, protein deriving from grass-fed California Cows, gluten-free, no GMOs, no growth hormones.
- Flavors: unflavored
- Nutritional facts: 150 calories,5g fat, 60mg sodium, 6g carbs, 20g protein, 4g fibers
14. Ambronite Drinkable Supermeal
This product by Ambronite is a drinkable super meal that is balanced and complete with all the nutrients you might need while having a quick lunch or after a long day at work.
All the ingredients included are natural, and the 18 superfoods in the blend can help you increase your level of energy, lift your mood, and help you feel fuller throughout the day.
While not ready-to-drink, your meal can be ready in less than 60 seconds and customizable with your favorite drink.
- Features: vegan, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, dairy-free, wheat-free. It is made with whole ingredients and minimally processed foods.
- Flavors: Original, Banana, Berries, Ginger and Apple
- Nutritional facts: 160 calories, 6g fat, 140mg sodium, 17g carbs, 10g protein plus 40 nutrients and 18 superfoods
15. Nature’s Bounty Complete Protein and Vitamin
If you are still finding your way among the several meal replacement shakes on the market, start here.
This affordable option is one of the most accessible on the market and suitable for most lifestyles.
Including only 110 calories per serving and 2 grams of fat, this shake can help you in your weight loss journey.
However, the high protein content and the minerals and vitamins included, allow you to enjoy a complete meal every time.
- Features: includes a complete amino acid profile, supports hair and nail health, organic.
- Flavors: Vanilla, Unflavored
- Nutritional facts: 110-120 calories, 2g fat, 110mg sodium, 13g carbs, 15g protein – includes collagen, probiotics, and fibers.
16. Organic Muscle Organic Plant-Based Shake
This organic protein powder works perfectly as a complete meal replacement, thanks to the included minerals and vitamins.
While USDA-certified organic, the blend also boasts over 40 organic superfoods such as greens, sprouts, mushrooms, fruits, and vegetables.
- Features: vegan, plant-based, USDA-certified organic, made with immune-booster ingredients. Free from soy, gluten, dairy, fillers, artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, artificial preservatives, hormones.
- Flavors: Vanilla
- Nutritional facts: 120 calories, 2.5g fat, 10g carbs, 20g protein, 3g fiber
If you are looking for a natural, organic meal replacement shake on the market today, you must not forget that there are no one-formula-fits-all.
As we have seen above, there is an endless range of choices regarding natural, organic, and plant-based products. However, you will need to pick one that meets your lifestyle requirements.
Make sure to check the label for essential features such as the number of calories, protein content, suitability for dairy-free, gluten-free, plant-based, raw, Paleo, or Keto lifestyles.