In the past we covered what to look out for in protein and meal replacement shakes. Mainly to look out for the following:
- Buying From Only Trusted Sources
- Not Accepting “All Natural” Labels to Actually Mean It
- Staying Away From Soy
- Avoiding Common Fillers That Are Dangers To Your Health
- And Determining The Source of the Shake’s Ingredients
In this article, we’re covering what you can place into a meal replacement shake in order to boost it into a delicious & filling Healthy Breakfast Smoothie for Weight Loss…
These boosts will not only have you feeling fuller but also greatly improve your healthy, help you change up the flavors, and of course help you lose weight!
25 Boosts For Healthy Breakfast Smoothies For Weight Loss
Creating weight loss smoothies will help you lose weight because you’ll be providing what your body craves and needs… that’s NUTRITION…. The healthy smoothies you create for weight loss will be loaded with fiber, healthy carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, and much more…
And when you get the right nutrition, you’ll have more energy, feel fuller longer, concentrate better, feel happier, feel better about yourself, and of course lose weight…
Check out the following Weight Loss Boosters You Can Start Using in Your Own Meal Replacement Shakes…
1. Avocado: If you want your weight loss breakfast smoothie to be thick and creamy, then you don’t want to skip out on the avocado. Though it may sound or look disgusting at first, avocados do not have a strong enough flavor to effect the overall flavor of your smoothie. Plus, avocados have more potassium than bananas, is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, is loaded with fiber, can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, are packed with powerful antioxidants, and has been linked to weight loss.
2. Berries: You can use any type of berry… Strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, or any other berry that is in season. Berries are great at making your weight loss breakfast smoothies sweeter without adding many calories nor sugar. Berries are also high in fiber (makes you fell fuller longer) and high in antioxidants that protect you from damaging free radicals.
3. Mangoes: Mangoes are a highly beneficial fruit for your health. Mangoes include copper, calcium, iron, are high in fiber, and antioxidants like zeaxanthin and beta-carotene. The benefits of Mangoes include: helping prevent cancer, alkalizes the body, aid in weight loss, regulate diabetes, help digestion, clean your skin, and make the perfect snack.
4. Bananas: Bananas are another great addition to your healthy smoothie ingredients. Bananas combat depression, make you smarter, cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis and blindness. Additionally, bananas help make your smoothie extra creamy, especially if you cut and freeze up bananas first.
5. Cayenne Pepper: Want to add a kick to your smoothie? Add some Cayenne pepper! Cayenne pepper has a compound called capsaicin which helps reduce consumption of fat and carbohydrates later in the day when you eat it for breakfast. Basically, Cayenne pepper will help curb your appetite.
6. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is another beautiful spice that will give a kick to your healthy weight loss smoothies. This spice helps regulate blood sugar levels by improving the metabolism (breaking down) of glucose. This results in a reduction of the amount of excess blood glucose that can be stored as fat. Studies have shown that abdominal fat is more sensitive to the effects of cinnamon than fat from any other part of the body.
7. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: This is probably the number one weight loss booster that you can add to your smoothies for weight loss. The predominant fats (medium chain) in coconut oil are used by the body for energy as opposed to being stored as fat. Coconut Oil will keep you satiated, energized, improve your blood cholesterol levels, boost your brain function, help you lose fat (especially around the belly), and may lower your risk of heart disease.
8. Coconut Butter: Coconut butter is not the same as Coconut oil. Coconut butter is the ground up dried flesh of the coconut and contains both natural oils from the coconut oil as well as fiber from the flesh. The benefits Coconut Butter include: anti-viral, anti-bacterial, healthy fat for long term energy, high in fiber, good for keeping the hormones healthy and balanced, replaces regular butter in many recipes, and is completely vegan friendly.
9. Nut Butter: Weight loss smoothies wouldn’t be complete without a good source of healthy fats from nut butters. Nut butters naturally contain healthy fats that benefit heart health, reduce the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, and even lower the risk of obesity despite their high fat content. You have several nut butters to choose from: Peanut Butter, Walnut Butter, Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, Pistachio Butter, and Sesame Tahini.
Of all the Nut Butters, Almond Butter is the most recommended because it contains more Vitamin E, Magnesium, and Iron compared to the other nut butters. However, they are all beneficial and remember to use them in moderation.
10. Sunflower Seed Butter: Can’t place nut butters into your healthy smoothies for weight loss because of allergies? Than check out Sunflower Seed Butter… According to the USDA, sunflower seed butter has significantly more magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, copper, and selenium than either almond or peanut butter and is classified as an “excellent source” of these minerals. Because of this, sunflower seed butter can be an important source of nutrition for some of the more than 3 million Americans who are allergic to peanuts and/or tree nuts. Fair warning, make sure to check the sugar content as some sunflower seed butters add unnecessary, extra sugar.
11. Chia seeds: Chia seeds might be small but they’re a must have super food ingredient for a real weight loss smoothie. Chia seeds are packed with fiber and protein to help you feel fuller and satisfied longer. Plus they contain numerous healthful nutrients like calcium, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids. They are also known to absorb toxins from your digestive tract. You can throw in Chia seeds into your shake like it is or first make a Chia seed gel. By using a Chia seed gel, you’ll create smoother tasting shakes. (To make a Chia seed gel, combine equal parts Chia seeds and water in a small container and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes to gel. Stores in the fridge for a good month.)
12. Sacha Inchi: It’ touted by many as one of the best new superfoods. One of the richest sources in the world of omega fatty acids and has been part of the Inca diet for more than 3,000 years. Sacha Inchi is known as the best snack for weight loss, has a high concentration of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which reduces the risk of heart disease, rich in antioxidants like vitamin E and A, which reduces free radical damage that can lead to premature aging, and can reduce the risk of Cancer.
13. Coconut Milk: Research is showing more and more that scaling back on dairy products can be very healthy, especially milk. Luckily there are several healthier alternatives to milk like Coconut Milk. The unique fatty acids in coconut milk may aid in weight loss, improve immune function & digestion, reduce heart disease risk and improve skin and hair health.
14. Almond Milk: Another healthy and sweet option to milk is Almond milk. The health benefits of adding Almond milk to your weight loss smoothie includes improvement of vision, weight loss, stronger bones and a strong, healthy heart. Additionally, it helps build stronger muscles, maintain ideal blood pressure and maintain a properly-functioning kidney.
15. Tea/water/ice: Many smoothies normally add milk or fruit juice but these are not the best options when creating a healthy smoothie for weight loss… Instead, make use of tea, water, and ice in order to avoid unnecessary calories. Plus, a good herbal tea like Green tea will come with several health benefits that a juice wouldn’t. Also add better consistency to your shake by simply adding more ice.
16. Oats: Oats is not just for oat meal nor oat meal cookies… You can place raw whole grain oats right into your healthy breakfast smoothie. The benefits of oats include: boosts energy, protects skin, supports weight loss through appetite control, boosts immune system, lowers bad cholesterol, prevents diabetes, helps control blood pressure, boosts heart health, and reduces risk of colon cancer. (Preparation: Soak these in the smoothie liquid overnight and add straight to the blender if you don’t want to add them straight into your weight loss smoothie.)
17. Quinoa: Quinoa is an ultimate superfood that’s growing fast in popularity. The following Quinoa health benefits have been documented: is a complete protein offering all essential amino acids & offers 25% more protein than refined grains, contains anti-inflammatory benefits, is Gluten free, can help lower cholesterol, reduces risk of heart disease, helps with diabetes & hypertension, improves digestion, and the fiber in Quinoa may actually help you live longer. (Preparation: Rinse then soak these in the smoothie liquid overnight and add straight to the blender.)
18. Buckwheat: Don’t be fooled by it’s name. Buckwheat is neither a cereal grain nor related to wheat. It’s Gluten Free and a great alternative to rice. The Buckwheat health benefits include: being rich in soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, has more B-complex group vitamins than that of quinoa seeds, good energy source, shows promise in lowering blood glucose, decreases blood pressure, provides prebiotic-like benefits, and produces lower GI response. (Preparation: Rinse these and continue to rinse every couple of hours for 8 hours then add straight to the blender. )
19. Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt contains a much higher amount of protein compared to regular yogurt. Because of the protein in Greek yogurt, you’ll get filled up and feel fuller longer. Try to stick to plain Greek Yogurt because flavored yogurts normally have a LOT of sugar.
20. Leafy Greens: Rotate around Leafy Greens like Kale, Spinach, Dandelion, and Romaine Lettuce. These leafy greens are packed with phytonutrients, are high in fiber, and are low in calories. Plus, adding leafy greens into your weight loss smoothie is a great way to get your daily vegetable requirements.
21. Pulp From Fruit: If you’re already using a juicer, then you know you have extra pulp that most people normally throw away. Stop That! Pulp from fruits are high in fiber and contain other vitamins and minerals. So save it and place it into your healthy breakfast smoothies.
22. Stevia: Stevia is not a artificial sweetener. Stevia is all natural, zero-calorie sweetener that comes from a plant and is free from any side effects. Although, any fruit you add into your smoothie should be good enough, you can also use Stevia to add a little more sweetness.
Turbo Charge Your Weight Loss Breakfast Smoothies
Looking to create an ultimate breakfast smoothie that will help you in very specific ways. By combining the different boosts mentioned above, it can be a little hit and miss. Here are some specific Shakeology Boosts that can help you achieve weight loss and help you with specific purposes daily and in the most healthy way possible…
23. Focused Energy Boost: Focused Energy Boost naturally boosts your energy, focus, and mental clarity with ginseng and 100 mg of natural caffeine from guarana and green tea—not from sugars, chemicals, or artificial sweeteners.
Additionally, it’s packed with adaptogens to help support the body in times of stress, as well as antioxidants that may help fight free radical damage.
24. Power Greens Boost: It’s hard to always get all your vegetables everyday, even when you’re juicing them. Power Greens Boost combines the power of Kale, Spirulina, Chlorella, and Spinach to give you vital vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients without any artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, nor preservatives.
This unique formula will support your body’s acid/alkaline balance.
25. Digestive Health Boost: While most other products on the market only contain soluble fiber, Digestive Health Boost contains BOTH soluble and insoluble fiber—which are both equally important to our digestive health.
This powerful boost will help improve irregularity, support digestive health, and helps keep you feeling full longer.
CHECK OUT ALL SHAKEOLOGY BOOSTS HERE
The Ultimate Weight Loss Smoothie
What would you rather do in order to create an Ultimate Breakfast Smoothie that will help you lose weight, give you energy for your day, and help improve your health?….
- Buy a bunch of healthy ingredients for over $200 a month and attempt to combine them into something delicious and healthy to eat…
- OR…Take the SAVVY choice and buy a simple, healthy, & delicious shake called Shakeology that combines only the most nutrient dense superfoods that will turbo charge your weight loss…
You’ll find the following nutrient groups in Shakeology….
- Protein and Amino Acids
- Antioxidants and Super Fruits
- Phytonutrients and Super-Greens
- Adaptogen Herbs
- Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Digestive Enzymes
Shakeology drinkers have reported the following benefits from drinking Shakeology every single day:
- Continuous Weight Loss Over Time
- Lowered Cholesterol
- Lowered Blood Sugar
- Reduced Hunger & Food Cravings
- Promoted Healthier Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Increased Energy
- Boosted Immune System
- Lowered Blood Pressure
- Improved Digestion & Regularity
Seems like a fairly easy choice… Learn more about Shakeology below…
LEARN MORE ABOUT SHAKEOLOGY HERE